Monday, March 11, 2013

Catch up Monday!!

The snow is leaving, the eagles are arriving and the community is booming..... Happy Monday!  What a great week-end.  Saturday's boys basketball game was epic.  I stopped at Hammy's for "supplies" before heading to OCC and everyone was buzzing about the game.  It was our very own "Friday Night Light's " moment. It seemed like everyone was talking about our boys!  Shortly after arriving, on a sun filled morning, the SRC Arena was filling up with Blue and White.  We'd heard that the Beaver River fans were plenty and loud.... Obviously the devil fans were "plentier" and louder!  I was amazed at the range of fans who took the time to travel to Onondaga Hill.  Many with no ties to MCS but their pride.  This will be a fun week...we'll see porches festooned with blue and white, plans underway to travel to the Falls, early school dismissal on Friday to facilitate travel and tee shirts on sale to celebrate.  How flippin' cool is that?  We're all...already winners!!!!

We (Lee) delivered lunch to our eagles and finally this morning they (he/she) found it.....or smelled it.  Last night Jess spied one feasting on a bit smaller critter but very near the deer.  I can't tell you the joy I get from watching it rip apart a dead animal.  That may seem a little creepy....even to me...but it's a treat watch.  My new camera has a 200X zoom and therefore I'm not 100% steady.  I think a tripod might be in my near future.  I would love to have a "bird's eye" view of the inside of the nest.  I have no idea if there are eggs or even babies there yet.  The leaves will soon block my vision and my vantage point will change.  If you see an old woman in the middle of a barren corn field sitting in a chair, toot your horn and wave!

The snow is melting, the falls are running and the animals are out on the town.  We had deer and turkeys and squirrels and chipmunks all playing chicken in the backyard yesterday.  In the middle of the night, you can often watch between 30-50 deer in the front yard.... all waiting to head to the east for a moonlight snack... some of them are so small, they can barely make the guardrail.  I think many does had late deliveries last fall.  Unfortunately, I'm assuming the eagles will have venison throughout the spring and summer.  Surely a catch 22 for me as I love them all!  (Hence the old lady in the cornfield)


This will be a busy week, hanging clothes out in the warmth, preparing to travel to Glens Falls and celebrating a few birthdays. Let the "fun"shine begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment