Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Smile"



Last week-end I was undertaking the annual "Where the hell does this go" organizing resolution and I came upon these two totes FULL of film cartridges and proof sheets, I sat on another and asked myself, "Why the hell did I keep all these and what the hell am I gonna do with them?"  I just can't make myself throw them away. They are full of birthdays, holidays, vacations, heck even funerals.  Most are labeled so I (or whomever has the task of hoeing out upon my demise) know about which year they were taken and what they contain. I think I'll hit Pinterest or even Face Book and see if anyone has any clever re-purposing ideas that will allow me to get them out of the basement, transform them into something useful or clever and have them still accessible if, God forbid, my albums are destroyed or lost. I really enjoyed going through Mom and Dad's photographic memories.  There were pictures of their courtship, their college days, our years as babies, toddlers and athletes, pictures of old cars, streets with no phone poles or trees and even some paved strictly with dirt.     
Sometimes I wonder how much digital technology I can master until I realize that the memories on these two totes can easily fit on a thumb drive.................I think.  I have no idea for sure and even less than no idea how to accomplish it.  So, for the time being, I'll continue my quest for something clever and continue living in my own little undeveloped country!

No comments:

Post a Comment