Friday, January 4, 2013

Hope Springs


I love movies....of course I do. Why else would I build a movie theater in my home? ! I like to be entertained. I like to laugh. I like to smile. I like to feel good. Sometimes, I even like to cry!  I especially liked watching, Hope Springs!  Some movies make you wish you were the characters and some movies make you glad you're not.  Some movies let you live vicariously through the actor's roles and others, like Hope Springs, give you that "Holy Shit moment"...you're just like those portrayed on screen!  Well maybe not exactly in this case but so damn close it's scary!!!
A short summary of Kay and Arnold's daily routine:
They sleep in separate rooms..............we don't yet but separate beds sounds like heaven!
In the morning she prepares one egg and one strip of bacon..................he leaves at the crack of dawn as I pretend to sleep!
She announces what's for dinner and he announces his return time.............I cook occasionally and he occasionally gets home on time!
She longs for the old days.................I long for longer days!
He falls asleep nightly in his recliner.........................he falls asleep nightly in his recliner!
They go to bed.............................I join him 5 hours later
They sleep in separate rooms.........................we don't yet.....................and it continues!

If you like a feel good movie that most of us can relate to, (if only just a little bit and nobody says you even have to admit it) then Hope Springs will give you that good feeling and maybe even a glimmer of hope that the spark is still in there....you just may need a week in Maine to kindle it!



1 comment: