Monday, June 8, 2015

Snap, Crackle, Pop

As a kid, my favorite cold cereal was Rice Krispies. As an adult, the sounds bring an entirely different mood.  I finally got in to the Dr.'s Friday.  Good news and not such good news:-)  After many x-rays, there appears to be no tear.  There does appear to be a knee (or two) full of degenerative osteoarthritis.   That means that it's not going away any time soon... actually anytime:-(  That news is pretty depressing. I still cannot walk up every other stair..it's one at a time.  Yesterday, I walked on uneven grass while watering the trees and nearly tipped over while attempting to bend over and retrieve Bruce....our resident drake duck.  Along with the knee pain comes hip pain as I walk awkwardly. So, cortisone shots are an option.  They're painful and give no guarantee that they will work...maybe 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months.  Physical therapy might help and that was the Dr.'s suggestion.  He was very subtle, kind and funny.  I asked him what I should do... He said try not to gain weight. (he could have said shed the extra 50 and that will help)..., try PT and install grab handles by the toilets! 
Well if Bailee thought she had an old Granny before, she sure has one now.
I am not a fan of Chiropractic but I do love our local Doc.. She will work with me to find something that might relieve the pain. For now I'm counting on Motrin, bags of frozen peas, the hot tub and alcohol.  In that order!  Rice Krispie's Snap, Crackle and Pop are no longer cute and fun!
KHOP @ 95.1fm's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment