Thursday, June 11, 2015

If a tree falls............

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"   Moot point!!  I was around, I heard it and it made a hell of a big sound.  I immediately thought there had been another accident out front...I went to the bathroom window.. the only north facing window (poor planning on my part) and there lay the tree that had been leaning to the east since we built.  I had just asked Lee if he thought it might fall one day...He said, "Probably!"

The weather Gods were with us though.  It missed the chicken coop and run, Lee's tractor, all other trees and never even clipped a branch on any of my lilac bushes.  The chickens were huddled in a corner of their pen unsure of what had happened.  We let them out a bit later and they were tickled that many little critters were living in that old dead tree trunk.... appetizers galore.  I did hear a couple of birds sounding a bit distressed.  I'm hoping their nests weren't collateral damage.  I'm also really happy it went down now and not after our new barn arrives and we've re-fenced and added our duck pond...EIEIO wouldn't have been a happy place.  It will, however, make for an easier path to the barn and more room to put stone in too.. All things happen for a reason I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment