Friday, June 5, 2015

Finally Friday

Well today I finally get to see the orthopedist.  It's been nearly 5 weeks (Monday) that my knee popped and I've been walking like Dennis Weaver... (never mind, you need to be a minimum of 60 to know who the hell he was.) It's a bit better today but it still hurts to walk up steps...every other one.  It takes me 10 minutes to get in and out of the post office... quite pathetic actually!  I began with a walker in May, advanced to a cane about 4 days later and just have limped and bitched for the following 3.5 weeks.  While favoring the right knee, my left knee complained about the overtime and decided to snap, crackle and pop several times a day.  After sitting for even a few minutes, I quite resemble a Clydesdale when I begin walking again.....nooooooooot pretty!  Every muscle hurts...everywhere.... Amazing how much standing up straight and walking properly is so much better for this 63 year old skeleton.  In defense of my knees, I'm pretty sure they feel they work overtime trying to hold up and transport this cathedral.  My Grandpa always used to "defend" my large feet by saying "It takes a bigger foundation to build a cathedral than it does a backhouse" (outhouse!).. Always loved him for that defense of my # 9's.


So, we'll see what the diagnosis is.  He'll probably tell me that I should have stayed off it....yeah right..for 5 weeks!  I'll probably tell him he should have gotten me in sooner.  This should be an interesting standoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment