Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Change

God help me to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.   Profound words indeed!  I always thought there might be more things we were able to change than to not change......maybe a glass half full scenario. As I've grown older, change is a wee bit more difficult. I find I have the want to change things but the ability is waning. And just when I think change is stifling and unattainable....Bruce Jenner comes along and blows my old age theory right out of the water. Now there's a guy(?) that takes change seriously.  I really only want to be a less creaky me..not a whole new me!
CGbuBVJWoAAZL9J
All kidding aside I'm not really sure why this doesn't creep me out more. I'm a Senior Citizen and I'm supposed to be appalled at piercings, tattoos, lesbians, gays, and even those who unfortunately slid into this world in the wrong skin.....but I'm not......ok, maybe the piercings freak me out a bit but there are just plain some body parts that should remain the size they were intended and shouldn't have hardware protruding from them..no way, no how. Hey, I didn't even get my ears pierced till the year I got married....A totally wild and crazy moment!
So, back to Bruce or Caitlyn as she now exists.  She's a very attractive woman. She appears to have all the protruding parts a gal should have and all those hidden (or removed -ouch!) that she no longer needs.  I always thought those parts would be a pain anyway...neatly packed away genitals seem to make much more sense......but that's just me.  I applaud her! I can't imagine the mental anguish of existing in a body you aren't comfortable with... (Ok, maybe I can a little bit but mine is size not gender related.)  I can just buy bigger clothes!  Caitlyn's issues were a bit grander!  It's easy for me to say, it's ok.  Those things just don't really faze me at all.  My children are tattooed and pierced, I still love them!  I have amazing gay and lesbian friends, I love them too!  I don't think I have any transgender friends but I AM a little suspect of a couple...........just kidding... If I do, I don't know it and that's just the point!
Be true to who you are. Being fake or something less than who you are takes much more energy that could be directed elsewhere. Life is short.....Be YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment