Monday, January 5, 2015

Time to "write" a new year!

2015.. A breath of fresh air.... really fresh (it's 15 degrees this morning.)  A new year, a new week and a new chapter.  I took one of those silly "tests" this morning.  What career were you meant to have.. This little quiz was about 45 years too late but didn't tell me anything I didn't already know...WRITER. Doing what you like is a good thing. Doing what you are relatively good at, is a good thing and doing it even in your 60's is a good thing.  Unfortunately, writing is a sedentary hobby/profession.  It appears to widen the gluteus maximus, slump the shoulders and weaken the eyes.  OK, maybe that's just me! Danielle Steel doesn't look so bad and come to think of it, neither does M.J. Fields:-) I can write a decent post, a interesting letter, an entertaining blog, a rhythmic poem, a credible recommendation and could probably even write an amusing story.  Sometimes I even laugh at my own expense and self deprecating prose comes quite naturally. I've never had the yearning to write anything of great length or earth shattering brilliance.....and to date have not disappointed myself.  I think the written word is extremely important! It's our history and if we don't tell the story, who will know how we came to love plaid, celebrate each birthday with stories of goodie bags and who murdered the King's English without care or who was the Grammar Nazi?
So, 2015 will continue on with me writing when I can about what I think and not hesitating to whine about rules....I'll make mistakes too..(yep, it happens..just like SH#*!) but I'll reread what I write, do my very best and hope that someday, someone will read it and smile, chuckle or even shed a tear!
Here are a few tips for those fledgling bloggers or even those who enjoy posting on Face Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment