Friday, January 16, 2015

Not your old cartoons

My breakfast partner has been out of town and after perusing the morning paper, I decided to take a look at the funnies!  Let's just say, they're not so funny any more and it takes a lot to shock me... Well, shock might not be the operative word....maybe it's more like startle.  I read through the old standbys and looked through the ones I was unfamiliar with...which were many as I don't "do" the funnies much.  I immediately stopped at Chickweed.....NUDE funnies.....especially when they're not really funny.  I'm assuming that this is a running comic and I needed to be following the story....obviously I wasn't...............and won't be. Now, I'm about as far from a prude as is humanly possible, I am aging and I do understand that kids don't read the newspaper (as a rule) but what's the purpose of nude comics?  Most everything theses days has a purpose...to entertain, to advertise, to enlighten and I guess to startle.... Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment