Friday, January 23, 2015

All thumbs

Thumbs must be the theme of the week.  As the saying goes, Opinions are just like --------, everybody has one. Whether it be movies, restaurants...or hospitals. In the broad scheme of things, I'd give hospitals and doctors offices 2 thumbs down.  Not because they're bad, just because I am rarely comfortable in any of them.  When I'm out of my comfort zone, it's not pretty.  Yesterday I spent nearly 8 hours of discomfort.  I did, however make it through surgery with no ill effects beyond high blood pressure, lack of information and lousy cheeseburgers.  BTW, Jeffrey flew through surgery with flying colors.  This is #5 in the Surgery of the Month (Life) Club.  He literally woke up with the prior pain gone, the limp gone and just a few residual after-effects of any surgery.  He was particularly fond of the catheter (NOT!) and explained that a discount should be in order as so little tubing was required....(or something like that.)  A sense of humor will get us through so much!
So, back to my critique:
Doctors:  2 thumbs up
Hospital : 1 thumb up......if you like hospitals... It's like saying it was a great insane asylum
Nurses: 2 thumbs up
Communication: middle finger up
Food:  2 fingers up


As of now, it was a good experience.  I have really only had one positive encounter with a hospital and that was the birth of Bailee...That was extraordinary and in a category all of its own.  I think I really just have a bad case of FOI (Fear of Institutions.)  I'm not a fan of any of them from hospitals to Congress.
 If I had to rate the overall experience, I'd have to give them a hand with various digits going in multiple directions. Jeff went in in pain and came out with it remarkably lessened.  I think that alone would rate a 2 thumbs up!!



HATFIELD may now be a hyphenated name :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment