Thursday, June 12, 2014

Senior Trip(s)

What a difference a day makes...or 6,205 of them.  I chaperoned Jeff's Senior Trip..... all the way to Orlando with a plane load of Seniors ready to spread their wings and challenge authority......kind of. It just might have been my favorite adventure...ever.  They were (are) such an amazing group of kids. They were respectful, humorous, smart and a joy to be around.  I don't think I have ever laughed as much as we did the night we had dinner at the Ocean Grill and were entertained by Chad Wood. I remember thinking I should have packed Depends!  After a l-o-n-g flight to Orlando with a pretty significant delay in Atlanta, we arrived at our hotel around 4 in the morning.  We (Ngaire, Brian, Don and I--the chaperones) were ready for some shut eye.  .........and who we were we kidding.  We had the very best time.. There were many laughs, some disappointments, a few tears and mostly huge memories to be made....obviously, as I still remember most of it and I have no idea what I did yesterday!




 Senior Trips have changed a lot in the past 6K+ days.  Now it's usually a bunch of old women gathering for lunch or dinner.  Most have their purses filled with pictures of their grand kids doing wonderful things better than any other child....ever!  Softer foods are ordered and we try not to plan any activities that might get sand in our underwear.  We pass on the beach volleyball as we like to avoid trips to the ER for black eyes from flailing breasts.  We do continue to sit very close...not so much for pictures but because otherwise....we can't hear each other. We certainly still laugh a lot and that brings me to the one thing that definitely hasn't changed.....I remember thinking I should have packed Depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment