Wednesday, April 3, 2013

We did it...

Well, we finally did it.  Bailee stayed all night with me and no one had to make a midnight run to return her safely to her mother's arms.  Really!!  This child has spent more half  her life in my presence and hasn't been able to successfully have a sleepover (without her mother.)  It was definitely an "A-Ha" moment.  We headed to the movies, loaded up with sweet tarts, popcorn and soda, and ventured all the way to the very back row where we settled in to meet The Croods.  Next we headed to A.C. Moore for some craft shopping (birthday and tea party hat supplies) and then to the jewelry store to buy Mom a birthday gift ( and one for each of us..shhhh)  Next, it was supper out....Subway... (woo hoo) then back to EIEIO for crafting, TV and dessert in bed.  I'm not positive but I think the TV was on and Miss B was still wide awake as I drifted off about 11 p.m.  There's nothing better than waking to "Good Morning Grandma!!"  followed by a hug, a kiss and the sincerest "I love you Grandma!"  At that moment, if she'd asked for a trip to Disney World, we'd be on a plane now!

The Croods + 1


Gourmet supper @ Subway

Her mom's update on Face Book this morning was..... "Bailee survived her first sleepover at Grandma's....."...My reply, "It isn't a prison camp, you know!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment