Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Miracle Worker

I think I should read Annie Sullivan's, "The Miracle Worker" again.... That is IF I could read...Alright I can read I just can't see to read. Thankfully I can hear, so between Lee and me, we almost make one functioning adult. Let's back up.....for those who are interested...to Tuesday. I started the 3x a day drops in anticipation of fixing the left eye cataract and finally being on the path to reasonably good eyesight.  For a couple of days, I had been seeing a large, white floater in my now, "good eye!"  I called about it and they wanted to see me ASAP.  Good news/bad news/fair news......Good news.....no retinal tear, bad news...vitreous tear and fair news....no surgery for now.  Which brings us to the Christmas holiday....which then brings us to January which takes those of us self employed into a new year of deductibles.  So, this is where I am.... corrected lens in my right eye with the correct distance lens in the new glasses (no bifocal so reading is arms length or more.)  The left eye is clouded with the existing cataract and will have to just wait till we make sure I will have vision in the new eye with the floating vitreous and it doesn't tear off the retina with it.  So the left glasses lens is the old lens. No photogray in either so no dark glasses.  The Dr. explained that I can see distance in my R eye and close up with my L......I just need to let my brain know this. WTF.  If I start talking to my brain, I"ll be in deeper sh-- than I am now.  If my brain answers, I'm happily screwed and on my way to the funny farm.

So that's the rest of the story..Paul Harvey.... Hurry up and wait, hope the floater settles to the base of my eye and pray that any bright flashes I see are associated with Christmas and not a detached retina.
I guess I can live with the Golden Years as long as I can see them !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment