Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day


Four years ago a new President was elected on the platform of Hope and Change.   How'd that work for us?  Today, I'm just plain hoping for a change!  I am NOT a racist although I can't say that either of my families taught me how NOT to be one.  I'm pretty sure we're all pink and bloody on the inside!  Don't get me wrong, I've told my share of racial jokes but I've also told my share of redneck jokes and I'm also pretty sure the redneck frenzy hasn't been portrayed by Chinese, Black or Native Americans with their caps on backwards and their sleeves cut off.  What I'm not too sure about is the fact that an American President has the ability to actually do ANYTHING!  Certainly they can spend billions of our dollars to merely exist. We house them, protect them, feed them, transport them, insure them and then............pay them, but what do they actually do?  They can accomplish nothing themselves.....especially this one.....I have yet to actually learn of his qualifications for the job he has held for the past 4 years.  Shouldn't you have made an impact on somebody somewhere at some time to be the POTUS?  I understand some voter's reticence to place a millionaire in the office of President but people, this country is not the Golden Arches. We need a leader, albeit Congress has the real power, who has some experience in making the wheels of what used to be the most powerful country in the world turn in a forward, successful motion. I'm really thinking that's NOT Barack Obama.  He's a nice guy, he meant well and he was up against interminable odds....but he failed.  If you fail at your job, whether it's greeting at WalMart or designing rockets, they replace you!  If you're not helping your team score points, they replace you.  I'm hoping today they call in from the bench and score one for Team USA.  We'll survive one way or the other but I have my doubts about our grandkids.  This game is for the championship and I don't want them to be the losers!

My name is Grandma Hatfield and I approve this message!!

No comments:

Post a Comment