Thursday, November 8, 2012

The "Eyes" have it

The vote is in and in my humble opinion (and obviously Wall Street's) we're in for 4 years of rough sailing.  I think there were many factors for the loss.... including but not exclusively linked, to hurricane Sandy, Romney's wealth, miscommunication, media hype and our obvious deluge of minorities in the US...( Hispanics, blacks, women, etc).  I'm also not a fan of the Electoral College....never have been even when it gave the White House to a Republican.  I'm not sure what to expect for the next 4 years but unless we can learn to get along in the sandbox, we're in trouble.

Yesterday's cataract surgery was....well..... eye opening!  It took longer to get prepped than for the surgery.  It's a great place....Surgicare in Ithaca.  The staff was extremely professional, courteous and skilled.  Is my eye better? .....not so much:-(  There is no pain...scratchy and extremely blurry.  I know that things should be better after the Left eye is "repaired" but I was expecting to be able to see something clearer through my right one.. My glasses are not the correct prescription now for my R eye but even if I take them off, I cannot decipher any words or even faces. I'm heading in for a post-op visit shortly and I'm hoping he says things are A-Ok.  Guess miracles don't happen and I was a little too optimistic to expect... so..  We'll see.................hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment