Friday, November 2, 2012

Better late than never....

It's been a very busy few days with even busier ones ahead.  Halloween was fun, as always.  Betsy Ross came to town and showed us the magnificent flag she had been stitching.  We visited Great Grandma and her friends at the Nursing Home and made it back in time to take in Locke's parade and Halloween festivities at the Fire house.  Betsy and her flag won the award for best overall costume for all ages:-)  She was very excited.  We trick or treated around Locke for awhile and then headed to the "Aunts" for goodies.... They always have the best treats... popcorn balls at Aunt Wendy's, a goodie bag @ Aunt Kelly's and special treats at Aunt Kim's.  A stop at "Uncle" Dave's garnered another special bag of sugar filled snacks.... Betsy headed home with a full pumpkin and tired feet:-)




The cottage is complete...They say if you want the job done right, hire the best... I have the best electrician, painter and carpenter! ... They are all so very patient with me and seldom roll their eyes (in front of me) when I explain what I want.  They've learned that I just might know what the hell I'm doing...or at least are smart enough not to question me.....Regardless, it's coming together just as I had envisioned. Tomorrow, I'll clean and begin the phoo-phoo faze and load in furniture Sunday....just in time for B to get home from her visit with her Dad...




Next week is busy and I might not get to my babbling blog every day.  Elections on Tuesday may force me to eat all three meals at various fundraisers. Wednesday is right eye cataract surgery.  I'm so looking forward to having a non-cloudy day.. unrelated to weather :-)

Next week-end we'll all gather to celebrate Bailee's sixth birthday with breakfast around the world.  Who would think a 6 year old would want a geography birthday!  That afternoon, B, Jess and I will head to Hope Lake Lodge for an overnight and some swimming....outside!!!

So, blogging may be hit and miss but I'll have LOTS to share in the following week.  Then hunting begins, Jeff and Jerm get home and the holidays begin... along with Jeff turning 34...I can remember when he turned 4 !  The world sure spun that 30 years away?

No comments:

Post a Comment