Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Old People

My very favorite times, at this stage of my life, are my times with Bailee.. (Jett's time will come.)  We have formed silly traditions, keep trivial secrets, occasionally swear out loud, often know what each other is thinking, have learned to precisely roll our eyes and know when to say something with our outdoor voices or our indoor ones.   (We're still working on the last one...when I learn, I'll pass it down!!)

One of our fun traditions is when we leave the movies, we play movie trivia... We watch closely for little things like makes of cars, house numbers or what an actor is wearing.  I usually lose!  The other day, we decided to try something new. We each have our favorite genre of music and not surprisingly, they are very different. For 10 years we have sung, out loud with our melodious voices (said nobody ever) no matter where we might be. Bailee decided we should try something new and give "dramatic readings" ("you know what that is, right Grandma?") of some of our favorite song lyrics. Once again, if this were a competition, I'd receive no prize. Reciting Put your left hand in, Put your left hand out, Put your left hand in and shake it all about in Shakespearean voice leaves much to be desired. On the other hand, Ah ya ya ya ya I keep hoping we'll eat Cake by the ocean.........left me clueless! Shocker.  After about 20 minutes, our journey from Ithaca to Moravia, Bailee borrowed my phone (blissfully, she hadn't brought hers that day!)  We continued on with our new game and switched to gin rummy upon arrival home.

Later that night, I was heading to google search on my phone to find something ...who could remember ;-) and the latest search popped up on Safari.  It was obviously what Bailee had needed my phone for (mid readings) on the ride home.  This kid makes me laugh all the time...and even funnier to me....was the  searche yielded results.  I guess I really am old!
😘

No comments:

Post a Comment