Monday, May 1, 2017

Old Because

Pretty sure I see a theme evolving in these writings.  Every day I find a new reason to justify strange phenomenons.  Although, the reasons are slowly dwindling down to the same reason most of the time.  The aging process or as I often call it, f@*+ing OLD!  Here are a few of just the latest revelations!

I know I'm old because:

  • I look forward to watching Meet the Press on Sunday although I strongly dislike Chuck Todd but also amazingly enjoy politics.
  • When I occasionally do apply make up to my eyelids, I apply with my finger slightly pulling the lid to the outside of my eye....and it stays there!
  • The process of getting out of my recliner lacks the enthusiasm of getting in it!
  • The brown spots on my hands are NOT dirt and no longer wash off :-(
  • Wearing the same pair of jeans 2 days in a row is now perfectly OK. I'm actually quite tickled old people even wear jeans!
  • The 4th Wednesday of each month is a fun day that I lunch with other old people and the gov't even pays me to go.. (That's how I choose to see it!).
  • My bedtime is still shortly after 11 but I've actually been asleep since 9.
  • I no longer stress about wearing something slightly wrinkled because I know what's under it, is in even worse shape!
  • Snoring bothers me less and less because at least I know he's alive ;-)
  • And the number 1 reason I know I'm old is......When folks tell me to just "Hang in there," every single body part already is :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment