Tuesday, January 3, 2017

In the books...2016

Well it was definitely one for the record books.  Weddings, births, confrontations, acquisitions, departures, politics, athletics, ups, downs, and all arounds..... but we made it.  Hopefully we've learned a few things to make this new year better.  Things change and shit happens and it's sometimes hard for an old person to embrace.  Just being an old person is hard to embrace.  My Medicare card arrived.. that was kind of a WTF moment in itself. I filled out a Shutterfly survey and when it came to the personal information, there were no more boxes to check after 65...hardly reassuring.  They've started calling me from the drug store to remind me that I have prescriptions due.. untrue.....the bottle is NOT empty! I buy my birthday cards monthly and this is the year we all begin turning 65....hard to find a card that isn't now written in LARGE print. Conversations are now turning to colonoscopies, (which, by the way, spell check changed to kaleidoscopes...well kinda,)  joint replacements, cataracts and shingles...(and nobody's fixing a roof :-)  Looking forward often goes only to the next week-end and then I have to check my calendar to see what the hell it was I was looking forward to:-(   (See, I ended a sentence with a preposition and I don't even give a shit!) I'm sitting in my lovely, country home surrounded by birds that shit all over my porch and garage and I feel badly that they can't come inside. Weird cat ladies have nothing on me!!

The next few weeks will bring some fun as Bailee, Papa and I are headed to see Dancing with the Stars..hey, it ain't the Grateful Dead but it's music and dancing... Jett will be celebrating his 1st birthday with a shindig at the Fairgrounds.  I hear that Mickey Mouse will be spinning some tunes..should be a goofy time!  Bailee  will be humming along in the Elementary's production of The Sound of Music.  Lee will be flying off into the wild blue yonder next month for his (and my) annual vacation.  I would love to be on the in-flight microphone and yell "PULL" as they take off... seems only fitting!

For as much as things change, they stay the same. As I pick up the first mail for 2017, I see we have 4 tax bills, 2 insurance bills and 7 offers for supplemental insurance.. and a rebate check for scotch tape for $1.00.  Oh, where shall I spend it?

I must admit I am still able to sit up and take nourishment.. that being whatever and whenever I choose.  I have a comfortable recliner, a large screen TV, a remote control, TIVO to record what I can't stay awake to watch and a heating pad. Life is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment