Monday, January 23, 2017

Crazy Week-end

Holy cow!  I am emotionally drained after 3 days of televised ups and downs, alternative facts and gains and losses. (not really.. but it makes for a better story... I learned that this week-end too.)

First came Friday's telethon of the inauguration.  I accomplished washing and drying one load of laundry, washed a few dishes left in the sink and took a trip to the $ store for toilet paper that ended up costing me $63. The rest of the day (until our dinner outing) was spent watching the whoopla of the Trumps going to church, having coffee, heading to the swearing in ceremony, heading from the swearing in ceremony, having lobster for lunch with a seated statue of Rosa Parks, going to the oval office to have his first lesson in switching pens 101, riding in the parade, walking in the parade, riding in the parade, a bathroom break before the real parade, watching the real parade, heading back "home" to get ready for 3 balls (always presumed he only had 2,)....(dinner break for me) and then back to watching the Trump and Pence families trip the light fantastic in their finery...( I really liked that party actually!)         The press was actually strangely meek.

Saturday began the exuberant coverage of the Women's "Rights" March.  Facebook slowly became a very negative part of my day.  It appears that the press got some much needed rest and returned to the pulpit sufficiently refreshed and back on the anti-Trump train.  Poor misunderstood women all over the world.  Many so very concerned for their safety and well-being that they chose to wear their vaginas on their heads.   Pretty sure many of them could have easily just reached down and slid it up and over.  I was instantly confused, which takes so very little lately, that I had no idea whether these marchers were protesting Trump, hoping for more rights.. ( I was obviously mistaken that we were already able to vote, work outside the home, run for office, speak freely, attend college, marry other women, adopt children, change our gender, eat meat or just green, leafy crap, and sit anywhere on the bus we chose!) or looking to vociferously chant in favor of pro life or pro choice.  Some appeared confused!  I think that if you contemplate your options before sex, the issue is resolved already! But, what do I know?

Sunday morning brought us a brand new talking point...... Alternative facts. Thank you Sean Spicer.  Chuck Todd says that alternative facts are just falsehoods.  Enter camera right, Kellyanne Conway.
She had her own one woman march right there on Meet the Press.  I must admit that I, for one, do not really give a rat's ass how many people attended the inauguration or the women's march.  It seems like much ado about nothing. I must give a check in the loss column for Spicer's first "briefing" as press secretary.  On another morning note, I was not too interested in the Donald's proclamation that he loved the folks at the CIA....... and wasn't it almost time for football????????

Sunday afternoon:  I decluttered my brain of all things political by spending some quality time with my granddaughter who whipped my ass in checkers and then in her newly acquired skill of gin rummy.  Thank God it was 3:00 as I was " ready for some football!"  It appeared my beating was to continue as I watched the Falcons trounce the Packers and the Deflatriots take the wind out of the Steelers.  It appears the only thing good about Super Bowl 51 will be Luke singing the National Anthem.

All in all it was a forgettable  65 hours......... with the wonderful exception of 1 hour of delicious prime rib at Lake Como, a 2 hour movie with Bailee, an hour's breakfast with my 2 grands and DIL and a walk and cottage time with B (3 hours!)

A crazy week-end indeed.......with a few sane breaks to spend with my crazy grands... I think I like being a conservative, country Gram!

No comments:

Post a Comment