Tuesday, November 22, 2016

SNOvember!

Well, welcome back winter.... It's about time we had some snow like year's past.  Saturday it was 71 and sunny.  Christmas lights went on the bushes and Jett was eating a snack in his shirtsleeves on the deck.  A few hours later, the thermometer dropped 40 degrees and the snow began.  Sunday was flurries and wind and cold.  Yesterday morning we had 18 inches and our world was white!!!  Just as it should be!  Unfortunately, roads were hazardous, schools were closed, businesses folded early and fender benders and ditch dwellers were abundant.  Ho Ho Ho!

Bailee, our resident Elsa, (the cold never bothered her anyway) was a happy camper and frolicked in the snow most of the day.  I never left the confines of my toasty, warm house.  Can't remember the last time I stayed in.  It was ok for ONE day but I was up and out bright and early this morning.  School is closed again which is probably fine as the rest of the week is vacation anyway.  Roads are mostly clear now and driveways are being plowed and snow diverted to lawns.  If we could just have a few inches every couple of days to keep it clean, it would be perfect.  

This week-end will begin the transformation from turkeys to tinsel at EIEIO.  (Well not really tinsel..I HATE tinsel but I was searching for alliteration and tinsel worked!)  The mantel will lose it's leaves and the rustic winter will arrive.  The garlands will be hung, the snowflakes will shine in the window and the tree will go up.  I really miss the fragrance of a real tree but I really don't like vacuuming pine needles in March...I know, I'm not exactly Tidy Tillie in the white glove department. I may have to break down and get a few wreaths for the smell alone. It's amazing what you conjure up with certain smells, songs and sights!  I'm not sure how much Jett will enjoy this Christmas but I know his presence will be our present. Everything he does makes me absolutely sure he's a genius and he makes me smile....a lot!  He's even mellowed Papa as he is pretty sure he is the best thing since scotch (and Bailee).....and that's huge because scotch is just...well.... like breathing!

This strange object landed on our patio last night.  As Bailee and I are the only true believers in UFOs and life away from earth, we will be investigating it's chosen landing spot.  Pretty sure it's because we are extremely friendly and we believe.... Believing has really paid off in the past...especially at this time of year!  We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment