Monday, December 5, 2016

All I Want For Christmas...........

Well maybe this little guy will have his wish come true!  Top tooth # 1 has arrived and # 2 is showing its colors....white!  He will be in full chew mode when that one makes it's entry! Only by mistake did I find the first....He loves the beard on a Santa plaque and quite enjoys putting the tiny little hairs in his mouth......where everything goes regardless of size, structure or risk. I was trying to remove Santa's beard hair when I managed to run my finger across another foreign object...a tooth!  I was so excited I think I scared him....Amazing what an event just a tiny, white tooth is... It ushered in text messages, photos and excitement galore...



Today's photo op will be transforming a Jett into a snowman.  We have all the paraphernalia  needed to put on little black tummy buttons, a painted orange nose, a bright red scarf and a gay little snowman hat headband.. ( I failed in the search for a real snowman hat :-(  Tomorrow he will be double digits... 10 months old.  B was just 10 years and tomorrow 10 months for the Jettster!  Wow, how time flies....

All the preparations are in order for Christmas.  Presents wrapped and under the tree, ornaments adorning the "not for real fir," stockings hung by the "not so real" fireplace and and lists made for holiday dinners and breakfasts (they will be real).  We're ready for the snow that is predicted for this week-end at least! Christmas movies have brought me to tears, Jeff and Lacie and their family have baked their way into Christmas cookie heaven, everyone's trees are up even if the West Hill tree is black and the Van Pelt Lane tree is white.....:-/  I always said I'd never have an artificial tree so I guess a tree is a tree!!!

Only 3 more weeks to enjoy the anticipation and really that's the fun part!!! I have several lunches with my gal pals and maybe a couple of trips to see the lights.  It's fun to have all the buying and wrapping behind me so I can enjoy each and every little nuance of the holiday... Jett will visit with Santa on Sunday and I look forward to that with camera charged and smiles...the first year is usually a good one, the second is often filled with tears and a whole lot of "who the hell is he and why do I have to sit on his lap?"

For now, the little things are the big things and the very best things!!!! After six and a half decades, I  believe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment