Friday, November 4, 2016

SHOTS

November should be National Shot month.  Everything begins from gunshots to flu shots.  Once you enter the Senior years, they want you to have a lot of these preventative shots; flu shots, pneumonia shots, whooping cough shots and shingles shots. Some are so expensive you could actually put shingles on your roof cheaper...(I'm exaggerating a bit!)  They want to take a shot of your boobs, a shot up your ass and even a shot at whatever teeth might remain in your mouth. This is also the fall enrollment period for new insurance or supplemental plans.... Every single insurance carrier in the world is taking a shot at seeing how ignorant, vulnerable and naive you are.... not to mention how broke. It's also hunting season and all I hear around EIEIO are shots.  For weeks, nothing is safe here. The ducks duck, the geese fly, the deer scrape and the coyotes howl. Soon my family will be out volleying shots in every direction. I panic just thinking about shooters from 86 to 16, seasoned and novices, wandering the woods in search of big racks and large loins... Seriously, couldn't they just go to the Betty Blue and accomplish the same thing?

I try to comply with many of the shot rules but I'm thinking that a shot of Baileys in a nice, hot cup of coffee would be much more productive than any of above listed shots.  I don't even dare cross the road to take a few shots of Millard and Abigail for fear that hunters will see a slow moving target ... I should be ok though, I've had a flu shot and I'm insured!

No comments:

Post a Comment