Thursday, March 3, 2016

Sugar High

Well it appears I am on a continual sugar high.  Not the best news to get from your Doctor but at least I'm not pregnant!  It's manageable with diet, exercise and meds.... Probably 3 of my most disliked words.
So, today I begin reading the back of almost everything and anything that might go in my mouth. I love to read but this is gonna be a pain in the ass.  Although, if I do begin exercising, at least a little, my ass may get smaller... yeah right!  "Keep a journal of what you eat." By the time I write down what I'm eating, read the labels of everything I plan to eat, I'll be so hungry I'll want to eat my journal.  45 -60 carbs at every meal.  Crap... that means I can only eat breakfast!  I like water but I also like milk and diet Pepsi.  The diet Pepsi no longer has aspartame so that's a good thing but if I cut back on the milk, my old bones will get brittle and break and I won't be able to exercise. This whole watch your food intake thing is a giant catch-22!  I'm kind of thinking I should have started this lifestyle a long time ago.  I'm not looking forward to it...... I love carbs.. I love potatoes, I love bread, I love crackers and I love chocolate.

On the flip side of this, I just said my good byes to my sister in law who died from diabetes............She had diabetes but she really suffered ( and died) from the side affects; poor circulation, heart issues, nerve issues, poor eyesight, kidney failure and a multitude of lesser affects.

I'm ahead of the game! I do not smoke, I drink socially and in very low volume.  If I were told I could never have another drink, I'd be fine with it!   Quitting chocolate, is "a whole nother" ballgame!

There are two big reasons that this whole deal is doable.... and they call me Grandma!  I can do this♥

No comments:

Post a Comment