Friday, May 15, 2015

We Bought A Barn

We Bought a Barn....It's not exactly like the movie, "We Bought a Zoo," but it's pretty close for us. Putting it in the context of a baseball game, having all our critters scattered in various residences is a "fowl" ball.  We seem to be running the bases but then we have to head back home and start all over again.  Soon, they'll all be in one place and the concession stand will be much handier. For us, well me at least, that's a HOME RUN!


My "go-to" guy for all things Shed is Dale Martin from Quality Sheds in Scipio. They built our  Cottage and their follow up and warranty services are unprecedented.  We've had some door issues and they're putting on our 3rd set of doors....FOC..  As any of my contractors (Dale, Josh, Billy, Al, Fred, Bruce) can attest to, I want what I want when I want it and they've all made it happen... I think their attention to detail and timely finishes may have something to do with limiting their time spent listening to me!!! Hey, whatever works........and they all  DO!


Our new Hobby Barn will look awesome.... I changed it up a bit and went with the Hunter green T-11 siding with clay trim and shutters...pretty much the opposite of what all the other buildings are but I think it will blend in really well.  Windows toward the house, their own little nesting boxes which open from the outside and even a nice linoleum floor.....(makes it easier to de-muck.)


My new EIEIO sign that Lacie made me for Mother's Day will be the centerpiece for décor. Maybe some window boxes too... The barn is 6-7 weeks out so I have time to plan.  Maybe have to scout the greenhouses for lots of varieties of orange flowers!  Nothing I love more than decorating project!
Hmmmm.... maybe a rooster weather vane????????

No comments:

Post a Comment