Monday, May 18, 2015

Stressing

Here we are.  Monday morning and my favorite day of the week (as you know.)  Lee is off to the heart Dr. for a stress test.  You'd think it was a transplant!!!!  Little does he understand that he provides me with daily stress tests and has for the most part of 40+ years. I truly believe our DNA (women) provides immunity against meltdowns and extraordinary stamina to fight the urges to murder...(or at least maim.)  His last test was passed by hair.  He said he was ready to give up when he decided to pretend he was chasing a huge buck he had hit.  He made the last few minutes in hot pursuit.  Today's test accompanies lungs that have once again been introduced to smoking.  Not the best strategy in the playbook if living is in your game plan.   We'll see what grade he gets and if the light bulb clicks on.  As they say, you can't fix stupid and that just plain IS!   Enough in the degradation dept......


It was a great week-end.  My knee is still on non-commission status but I'm hobbling along till June 1st and I can see an ortho Dr.  The weather was spectacular yesterday and Bailee, Jess, Papa and I got lots of fresh air.  Our critters are growing like weeds and the weeds are growing like wildfire.  All the lawns, trails and paths were mowed and our free range fowl were loving the dandelion buffet.  I'm pretty sure there will be no turkey dinners....Original and Extra crispy are just too darned cute. (besides, those are chicken names and they think that's what they are.)


I went to a beautiful baby shower for Rena James yesterday.. It was the best afternoon. Visiting with friends who I don't see that much anymore was an extra special treat.  Time is flying by a bit too fast and I miss those that have always been an integral and special part of the last few decades.  I'm not sure how to fix that... but I'm on it!  Rena and Sean have opted to not find out who's arriving next month.  I love that, as life is really not full of "good surprises" anymore..... and this sweet baby James will be an amazing surprise.


We're on to Memorial Day week-end and the beginning of summer. Once again, I pray for a healthy, seventy degree few months with lots of friends and family time...Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment