Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hobby Farm

I've come to the conclusion that we need a barn. If this is EIEIO and we keep adding animals, it stands to reason that we need more than 1 tiny duck house, a mediocre chicken house and a smoke house converted condo.  We now have three places to feed and water, three homes to heat in the cold and three places that smell like shit.( if we don't count our bedroom somewhere between 9-3)... Just seems smart to consolidate everything into one waste treatment plant that produces eggs...and entertainment.  Either that, or we need a Guatemalan ranch hand.....maybe both.  I vote for the barn.... The fellow who built our cottage will be just the man for the job and he's worked with me before...He knows I want what I want and it's probably futile to argue with me.... Beside that, he's a Mennonite who has the patience of Job, a family of several able children and he delivers! This would mean that we would have a chicken coop for sale... All broken in and we might even throw in a rooster and a hen... What a deal. Here's what I envision but possibly in brown and green...CLICK_TO_ENLARGE T-1116-2.jpg


CLICK_TO_ENLARGE T-1116-2.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I just got to this post and your new barn to be looks alot like my chicken/duck coop but yours is bigger, mine is just 8x8. Vinyl floors sound awesome but we found out instead of using hay in the winter for warmth and mess control we now use wood shaving/chips. So much easier to clean out and using it in the garden produces no weeds.
    If you don't mind I think I'd like to stay around awhile and keep reading.
    Take care and have an terrific day. It's almost 50 here and the sun is shining and I just let the critters out to debug the yard. Goosey loves me and sits up at the house while I'm in it so need to go out and work at bit to distract the staying up here and messing.
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete