Thursday, March 12, 2015

Due Date

I'm pretty sure we're getting ready to be grandeagles.  The sun is rapidly melting the snow and the other day Millard was working on nestorations over by their "lake house."  I was intently watching thinking that he was working on removing parts of a prior buffet but then he came away with some swaley looking stuff that looked to be perfect nesting material.  I haven't seen them together in a few days and there is certainly enough venison to share.  That could mean that she is preparing to lay her eggs if she hasn't already.  The snowmobile has made the trek to Eagle Point but I have yet to journey through the knee high snow... That's just a bit too much like exercise!  It takes about 35 daysfrom the laying date to hatch and that would put it mid April.  If the eggs are laid 2 days apart, they will hatch in the same time frame.  I'm not much of a four wheeler either so I need my path to be mostly snow free and hard packed...I'm thinking asking for black top is out of the question!  I am, however, contemplating locating the motorhome next to the inlet to have a bug free, potty accessible, upper deck bird's eye view of the spring event.  I think it's a perfect idea and I only have a few more people to persuade! So far, I'm batting 1000 on my persuasion tactics.
You know I'll let you all know as soon as I see a tiny, ugly gray head pop over the nest or maybe........I'll be able to operate that drone and we can have real eagle eyes on our babies. (Just my luck I'll crash it into the nest and kill them all ;-(



To be continued.........................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment