Monday, April 29, 2019

Me, Me, Me, Me

I have always shied away from folks who were all me, me, me!  I applauded folks who were proud of themselves and their accomplishments but who could do so with being boastful.

I still steer clear but have turned the corner on putting me first.  It only took 67 years and a few months of heartbreak but for the near future, life's going to be about me. ( I could barely type that without cringing!)  Life will be what it will be but I'm going to read more and cry less, relax more and stress less and pray more but expect less. I am responsible for my happiness and life is too freaking short to waste it.

So.........I just booked a house for 35 days in Florida next March.  My rehab!  Lots of room for friends to come and visit, hot tub, heated private pool, king size bed and 3 tv's.....right on a lake. (which in Florida is smaller than most ponds Wendell has built!)  Some of you who know me well, know I'm not really a fan of Florida and I do relish my NY vacay when Lee is in Florida....but I've hiked up my big girl panties and I'm gettin' outa Dodge...he'll be shooting and I'll be floating!   I've always said that this stage in our lives needs to be accompanied by something to look forward to beside aches and pains.  I'm giving it a try.  Christmas will be an austerity holiday this year. Everyone will be getting what they've given...🤯

It's a new me inside with the same OLD outside... I can only do so much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment