Thursday, April 4, 2019

Favorite People

Lip service is a disservice!  Say it if you mean it.  Zip it if you don't!  An insincere gesture is worse than no gesture at all. If you feel it, do it! If you mean it, Say it! I have had interaction with many the past few weeks who are as sincere as any folks I've ever known.  I've also had hours of time with those who are not!  I agree that there may be several different kinds of love.  In fact, in the study of Psychology, there are 7 different kinds of love.  Many are wonderful, sensual and even platonic but more and more folks that I see these days are full of self-love...the most destructive kind.  Please don't confuse self-esteem and self-love...two entirely different packages.  We all suffer hurt and disappointment but our setbacks neither damage us or diminish us. Most of us are instilled with resilience...We are open to growth experiences and relationships and even tolerant of risks. We are quick to be joyful and happy and we are accepting and forgiving of ourselves and those we love.  If we don't possess those qualities, which sometimes are tough to muster, then the love we professed for others....isn't love at all.
So, if you are one of those few folks to whom I've said those three little words, please be keenly aware that I mean them.  For those whom I have obligatorily mouthed them, I apologize....You all know which group you're in! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment