Thursday, March 15, 2018

Round 4?

It has seemed for decades, there was always a snow storm on Saint Patrick's Day.  Now we seem to have one every few days. I'm not really complaining! I have no dislike of winter or snow (maybe ice.)  Spring will come in due time and flipping a day on the calendar won't make it so.  Just like being 17 one day and 18 the next doesn't make you an adult!  I don't know if it's global warming or Lake Ontario, pollutants or Mother Nature. No matter the reasons, who cares?  I guess I can be ambivalent about the weather because there really is no place I have to be! I have a nice big vehicle that has 4 wheel drive and I can usually get myself to breakfast, the post office or the store.

A brand new foot of snow over the past 36 hours hasn't dampened my spirits. The sun is shining today and the girls are off to Syracuse for a sleepover and to see Kinky Boots!  More snow is predicted for next week and they're calling it a "Foureaster!".......this will actually be....nor'easter # 4 within 2 weeks.  I'm fairly certain it will all melt in due time and we'll be crabbing about the mud, the rain and the heat.  We should just face the fact that Mother Nature is fickle, we're complainers and at our age.....we should be thrilled we woke up.

What will be will be and these kiddos have still never seen winters like we had.  You know the ones where we walked 15 miles to school and wore bread bags inside our boots to stay dry!  Now those were nor'easters!Inline imageInline image

No comments:

Post a Comment