Monday, March 5, 2018

Just a reminder

Last week a friend posted a picture of herself after a lengthy open heart surgery (several years ago). From that day forward, she learned to live in the moment and never count on tomorrow. She began to live her life in such a way that allowed her to do what she wanted when she wanted and why she wanted.  She paid her bills on time, didn't squander her money and did what made her happy.  She raised two thriving children, found the love of her life and was happy.......and continues to be happy.

I pondered her post for the rest of the day.  At the end of the day, I decided that if I wanted an inground pool for my family and me to enjoy, I was absolutely getting one!   Called the gal at the "pool store" and said "yes!"  Will it be expensive? Probably...Will we love it? Hopefully...Could we live without it? Maybe! Will we enjoy it? Absolutely!!!!!!

During the 80-90 degree summer days I would sit quietly in my den with the doors closed and the AC running.  I am not a fan of the heat.  Now, I will float in my heated pool, watch my grandkids getting exercise while having fun, have my family here more often (Grandma's hidden agenda) and wonder why the hell I didn't do this years ago before the cellulite served as my life jacket! 

I did my pros and cons list and the pros won.  I might have actually MADE them win but who cares. By Memorial Day (hopefully) we'll be treading water and floating the days away... It's a Win-Win for me or maybe just a Swim-Swim.. either way, my dime, my time!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment