Tuesday, February 27, 2018

I'd rather be Ready.......

The sage advice I've always remembered.......I'd rather be ready and not go than to go and not be ready.  Mentally, I'm not ready, Physically, Meh! but financially...Take that Medicaid!!! I'm ready!  Jeff is now the sole owner of EIEIO.......with lifetime use for his aging parents, of course! Now, when the eaves need cleaning or the patio furniture needs to be moved, I'll just make a call and remind him...."It is your house!"

Along with the property transfer, we have new wills, new POAs and new Health Proxies.  We're good to go, literally!

What really amazes me is the number of folks who have no exit strategy.  It really makes no difference whether you have a lot of money or just a little. What matters is the fact that you will make your demise a little less stressful for your family that stays behind.  If you have small children and you have no will, you're just plain an idiot.  If you're comfortable with the courts and a judge dispersing your assets and placing your children, then skip all the hoopla and go ignorantly into the world.  Every day I sound more like my father... (that's not such a bad thing!)  Along the way, I'm trying to teach my children the process.  50% isn't bad :-/ You can lead a horse to water............but if outside influences bullshit the horse into thinking it's not thirsty..... oh well...dehydration begins.  Maybe the drinking the kool-aid will work for them!

I'm completely comfortable with my decisions. I made my pros and cons list, consulted those in the know and signed on the dotted line....a lot!

Now, to enjoy what comes next.  I think it involves water!

No comments:

Post a Comment