Friday, March 24, 2017

On the Road Again!

I am not an avid traveler but...........going where it's 70-75 with my grandkids is rather appealing right now.  We're heading south after lunch to spend a fun week with Jeff, Lacie, the kids and Bailee!  I really enjoy Myrtle Beach ! I am not a big fan of Florida and this is the best of all worlds.  I'll have the grandchildren, heated pools, lazy rivers and the beach.  With my cooler and Kindle along for the ride...I'm good to go.  The car is fueled, packed and full of munchies, beach toys and DVD's.  My new ride has built in DVD players so Bailee will be in her technological glory. I have a bag of food, she has a bag of electronics....what a difference 55 years makes!

Many of Jeff's pals from Charlotte are making the trip east to spend a few days too.  I think he's most excited about that. This group is undeniably BFsF♥  Jeff has been the consummate Dad for 5 months being a stay-at-home Daddy with a new baby and now he gets to relax a bit and play some golf.  Even though it hasn't been a terrible winter, we're all suffering a slight case of cabin fever.  The fever's about to break!!!!

I haven't been terribly faithful in my blogging but I'm sure I'll have stories to tell and pictures to share on our return.  This trip will be a little longer than I realized as I will leave being 64 and return a full-fledged, card-carrying Senior Citizen. No foolin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment