Wednesday, March 1, 2017

It's OLDfficial !

Yep..... Today's the day.. I'm officially OLD.  My bones knew it years ago, my hair before that. My skin began sagging at just the mere thought. I no longer have hair on my legs but some traveled north to my lip and chin and settled in.  I used to think the 3 little Piggies was a cute rhyme but "not by the hair on my chinny chin chin" is coming back to haunt me.  I may never recite it again! When you realize that each day you're closer to 80 than 50........it kind of takes your breath away, like walking and getting out of your char!

I get to enjoy the benefits of Medicare one month sooner than 65. If your birthday falls on the first of the month, it kicks in the prior month... Yay me!  There is a perk...I no longer have to write the $757 dollar check that would have risen to $900 had I not raised my deductible for January and February.  My supplemental policy is now only $187.  Of course I must remember that the Medicare deduction in my whopper of a Social Security check comes out starting this month too.  Thank God the market just flipped over the 21,000 mark this morning.... "That damn President Trump is going to ruin everything" said me.........................................never. I so wish that my Dad was here to talk politics with me.  Of course, he'd be nearing 100 so he might not even care but I'll bet he's having a blast at the 19th hole looking down and CHUCKling. I'm sure he's thinking Schumer is a real asshole!! The apple didn't fall far from the tree....even if it's a really old apple!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment