Monday, December 12, 2016

Santa and the Grands

What a fun morning yesterday.  The Locke Fire Department had their monthly pancake breakfast shared with a visit from Santa, the Cat in the Hat and even the Grinch...(no, it wasn't Lee.)  It was Jett's first visit with Santa and it wasn't the year of tears...(there's always one.)  It was definitely the year of wonder.. "I wonder if that beard's real?, I wonder who the heck this is?, I wonder what's so special about this stranger, I wonder if I can eat that?......."  As always, Jett provided us with priceless pictures and the merriest moments.  Even Santa gave us a great expression.  Bailee, who is "on the edge" of believing (I think), was astounded to know that Santa knew Grandma had chickens??  That seemed more unrealistic than the fact she had asked for a unicorn!!!  "I think Santa's a stalker," she announced!

After a great breakfast, decorating some homemade cookies, a prize from the Cat in the Hat and visits with neighbors, everybody headed home to enjoy some football, some shooting, after all, if it's Sunday, it must be time to shoot, and some Sunday relaxation.

This week brings on the lunches, dinners, parties and family Christmas on Sunday.  Let the festivities begin !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment