Monday, May 16, 2016

Good advice

We all like to give advice but most of us bristle a bit at taking it.  My philosophy is....if you ask for advice, listen intently, let it settle in and decide whether the advice is worthy of practicing.  If you don't ask for the advice, listen intently, let it settle in and decide whether the advice is worthy of practicing.  Sometimes the best of intentions just aren't right for you and your situation.

Right now I'm wrestling with a minor situation that Bailee has had a school with a classmate.  The little girl called her weak, a brat and said I (her grandma) liked her more than Bailee.  Well anyone who knows me knows that that statement is just insane.  I must remember that I am 64 and this little girl is merely 9.... Then why in the world is this sticking in my craw so very deeply?  It's been a tough few weeks for Bailee and she's taking it in stride like an adult.  every Grandma instinct I have wants to tell this child she's entirely full of crap.  It seems to bother me WAY more than it bothers Bailee. SO, to keep peace, I'll just vent a little here and share this advice that I saw on Facebook this morning.  It pretty much hits every important (and unimportant) rule for life.   So read it and let it settle in and then decide whether the advice is worthy of practicing ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment