Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ancestry unveiled!

I'm usually not led by advertising.  I pride myself on being able to diffuse the banter and bullshit from the benign and baffling commentaries.  I've always thought delving into Ancestry.com would be a fun (albeit time consuming) project.  I have no legitimate job (versus illegitimate) so my time should be my own.....you'd think!  Just when I think I'll begin the search, I get to the page where you have to pay somebody something.  Cheap isn't the word that comes to mind but thrifty might be.  I seldom indulge in anything directly for me.... maybe my kids, my grandkids, my house or my feathered friends, but seldom me!  This would be kind of ...for me, and after the past few weeks, I've decided I'm worth it.  This revelation, on top of the price drop, has given me financial authority to spend that $80.  I spend more on Toilet paper and Pepsi!

Now, the next big question is......what (or better yet who) will I find?  My maternal ancestors proposed to be a bit of German and Dutch.....Tice.  My paternal forebears (Hewitts) are told to be wise, financial gurus who were horse thieves with the Rockefellers.  This could be a long, adventurous journey down a very bump road.

On the other hand, mailing in a vial of saliva to an unknown laboratory should make me a trifle leery of any and all revelations. ( Although that could be my out if I find I'm kin to the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson) I'm pretty sure that 10 hours of "Making a Murderer" have lessened my trust of laboratories and exact sciences......especially for the sale price of $79.99.   As they say, "Spit happens!"...or something like that ;-)

I'm up for the  uncertain and if I don't care for the outcome, I don't have to plaster it all over Face Book.  On the other hand, if I'm related to Mother Theresa or Bill Gates, I'll be posting till the cows come home.  So my Face Book friends, if you hear little from me in the coming weeks, you'll know I'm sitting for a great interview with 20/20 or Dateline................or too busy filing lawsuits to claim something that was rightfully mine..

The real question might be, "Who am I?".......... or should I have left well-enough alone ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment