Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week in Review!

For someone who doesn't have a job, I seem to have trouble eeking out some blog time each day. Not that the world couldn't live without my musings but it gives me time to contemplate world views and home views and practice my keyboarding skills... (which if I were to go blind, would be tragic.)

Also, for someone who has been  ready for Christmas for a month, I seem to still have endless little things to complete.  After Bailee's letter to Santa, this elf was scrambling but successfully rounded up some wants.  I've enjoyed a few Christmas lunches and some of Julia, Alli and Gabby's sporting events. I really enjoy them and I have hopes that Bailee and Jett will enjoy sports as much as I do.  I won't let the fact that Bailee's only 2 on her report card was in gym......As Jeff would say, "I don't believe that being great hop and skipper is a qualification for college."   I will still go and watch whomever might be playing...... until I can no longer make it up the bleachers...

We're in the throws of an illness with Aunt Wendy and hoping that today's surgery is successful. Fingers crossed and a few messages to the big guy (or gal) upstairs.... (No Bailee, not Papa!)  Many of us have scratchy throats and coughing jags but we'll make it through the holidays.  This crazy weather has our bodies (and minds) confused. Fifty today, 60 tomorrow and predicting 70 for Christmas Eve.  I hope Santa has sleigh runners that will transform into pontoons and tires.... It will be quite a journey for him in 2 days!

Baby Jett is still heads up and interfering with his Mom's breathing apparatus. She's got it figured out for now and we're hoping he does some tumbling exercises in the next few weeks.  If not, he may get the zipper exit...we'll see.  This is the week of the jicama fruit but we had no idea what the hell that was so we opted for celery.  It's about the same length 16 3/4" that a week 32 baby should be... So we're "stalking" him instead.  It will soon be shower time and another fun celebration.

That's about it for today..I'm never sure when I'll get back here but soon...Christmas Eve and Christmas morning will suck here as all the crew will be with other family...:-( but by 1:00 p.m. the house should be full and the presents disappearing from under the tree. I'll adapt but under protest!

No comments:

Post a Comment