Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I'm NOT the Pope:-(

Drama on Face Book depresses me. Angry rants on Face Book depress me.  Stupidity on Face Book frustrates me. The inability to fix things saddens me.  I am not Olivia Pope.  (FYI, She's the fixer on Scandal.)  Today, I admit that I'm tired.  I won't admit it or discuss it on Face Book but I can punch the keys today and relieve some frustration.  I'm not a drinker or a pill popper (Ok maybe a few Advil here and there and an occasional bloody mary.)  I don't meditate or assume Yoga positions for fear of not being able to untangle myself or return to an upright position.  I'm not a gambler or a shopper (for myself) so dolling out the bucks won't help.  I am, however, a Mom and I should be able to make things right.  I could when my kids were babies, toddlers and juveniles..... but once they arrived at the teenage years and subsequently since, my fixing skills are waning.  I can no longer make them happy, healthy or wealthy:-( I can't make insurance pay what and when they should, I can no longer find employers who fit their schedules and wage needs.  I can't dress them or fix their hair. Those were the days my friend.  My wants are still the same but their adult needs are beyond my areas of expertise. Happy....that seems like such a simple quest.  My advice has been and will continue to be: You are the only one who can make yourself happy.  Don't spend more than you make. ALWAYS pay your bills on time even if you don't have the entire amount. Never forget your mother's birthday and remember you are judged by the company you keep. Why do I think that's not rocket science?  Be happy for what you have and by all means, don't piss off the Pope!

No comments:

Post a Comment