Monday, December 29, 2014

Holiday Season... check!

It appears that I have not blogged (or bragged or whined) for nearly 2 weeks....at least in written form.  I love Christmas.............and it seems the older I get, I also love when it's over.  Each year it has it's obstacles and it's blessings.  This year was no exception.  Bailee's Dad (we refer to him as the donor ...as sperm and $80 a week DO NOT make a father) decided, after 2 months including her birthday and Thanksgiving, of not seeing or contacting her, that it might be appropriate to take her for Christmas.  The court order, which he follows on a whim or if he gets a bug up his a--, said that this year Bailee could go to her Dad's at noon on Christmas Day and return to normalcy at 7 p.m. (obstacle) That really didn't work for us as Jeff, Lacie and Julia would be here in the afternoon for our Christmas (blessing)!  After a bit of negotiation and an occasional reverse psychology ass kiss, she went to her Dad's for Christmas Eve and back to Grandma's at noon. (blessing)   Her Christmas Eve dinner was served at Subway, her Christmas gift from her donor, I mean Dad, was a candy cane..(.REALLY!!!!! A f-ing candy cane..homeless kids get more than that!) and her Christmas breakfast was a code red mountain dew...(obstacle...BFO.)   Once the entire flock was under my roof, things were great. Everybody enjoyed their gifts especially since house rules state that we open one at a time....it takes a little longer but it took 4 months to get it together so we should all reap the rewards of everyone's happy faces and words of gratitude.(blessing)  Even Grandma must have been good as she received some wonderful, thoughtful (requested)  gifts.  Soon I could be hovering over you and you won't even know I am there...I have my very own drone...How James Bond is that?  My hopes are to spy on my eagles and all of nature's wonderful things around EIEIO. My family is pretty sure I will crash soon and possibly, mistakenly kill something... Ye of little faith...............:-)
Needless to say, it was a wonderful holiday.  There were no tear ridden good-byes this year (blessing) and only good thoughts of Jeff and Lacie in their new (old) house and Jeff's imminent surgery/therapy for his back.(obstacle.)  2015 is on tap to be another exciting year...it will be exactly what we make...and we'll make it GREAT!
Happy New Year all... who'd have dreamed we'd be around in Two Thousand and Fifteen!

No comments:

Post a Comment