Monday, August 25, 2014

You're closing when?

Why in the world should it be so difficult to buy real estate.  I understand that the seller is certain that the property is worth much more than the buyer perceives. I understand that there are real estate laws! I understand that it is best to have lawyers "looking out" for their clients!  I understand that a lending establishment must be sure the borrower can "pay it back!" I understand that the water needs to be clean, the pooper needs to be empty and the structure must be safe! I understand that everyone involved must know where the boundaries are because, God forbid, anyone encroach a bit and decide to sue the neighbor when they trip over a tree root!  What I don't understand is why it's so damn hard to give the seller the agreed upon amount of money, file the deed and move on and in.................


As with most any white collar entity, albeit lawyers, doctors, bankers etc, the client/patient is merely one of many.  Few go home at night and worry if Mr. Jones will take his medication, Mrs. Smith and her children are anxiously waiting to move into their first new home or Mr. and Mrs. Williams are really prepared for retirement.  Usually these folks are merely a number.  I can't imagine treating someone who is paying me a bit of their hard earned wages or savings, like just another name on the list. I guess the client has a more keen vision of the process than the professional's skewed one.


So, the moral of the story and I hesitate to put the world moral in the same sentence with the word lawyer, is: if you're buying property and closing on a particular date......don't forget to ask which MONTH that might fall in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment