Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Some days just suck

Some days I wish that I weren't the grown up, that I wasn't fairly level-headed and I accepted the rules without question.  Yesterday I professed my pride in Jess and Bailee walking in the Cancer Resource Walk.  Bailee understood all about the special reasons and people they were walking for (I know, I ended a sentence with a preposition.)  She was proud of herself as well as her little legs made twice as many steps as the big people.  So, yesterday morning she was going to wear her t-shirt and tell her classmates and teacher all about her week-end accomplishment.  Here come those damn rules..... She was met by her teacher who explained that her t-shirt wasn't appropriate for school and she would have to go to the nurse and change for an extra she kept there. :-(  :-(  :-(  She actually made the decision to wear her "bad" shirt inside out rather than wearing something that belonged to someone else... Just another good decision she made!!!  Anyway, she was sad that it appeared her big accomplishment was something unimportant and shameful.  I understand that certain words are unacceptable in school.  (Heck, Bailee isn't even allowed to say "stupid" at home!)  It's not like her shirt said, "Teachers Suck" or "School Sucks" or even "Common Core Sucks" (mine says that!).  It said "Cancer Sucks" and I'm not sure that a truer statement was ever uttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment