Monday, October 7, 2013

No more Baby "Steps"

Just popped on Face Book this morning and this adorable photo was staring at me.  It sent a tiny shiver down my spine, brought a little mist to my old eyes, provided with me with some "God bumps" (as her Granddad calls them) and sent me for a stroll down memory lane... a place I walk often with much appreciation that I still am able.

This little cutie pie is Miss Taylor Harris in her first day finery all ready to begin her educational journey.  She's had many firsts this past month and I couldn't be happier if it were my kiddos on that step.... Oh wait, it was my kids on that step.  Taylor and her family are beginning to make memories on Main Street, a really special place to be.  I have 33 years of "first day photos" all on that very step.  The smiles weren't so easy to come by in the late 90's when it actually took a little bit longer and I had to work my way around  "Really Mom?" and "People are staring, you know!" but now that they're in their 30's and Bailee has blessed us, they love to reminisce and make fun of the outfits we chose and the hairstyles I suggested and later approved!


It's just the beginning for Miss T and I hope she has her picture taken on those steps and that porch for many years to come.  She, her Mom and her Mikey are home and we couldn't be more pleased to pass on a houseful of memories.....and there are room(s) for many more!!!  (hint hint)

No comments:

Post a Comment