Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Out of the Mouths

 A child's brain is an amazing organ.  One that, they say, consumes so much information from birth to age 4 that an adult's brain would burn out.  I love that you can actually see the wheels turning as they take in, process and retain what they see, hear and now (at age 6) read!  

  The other day Jett was telling us that when we die; Bailee, Papa Today, me and even his parents, he will visit our "riprocks" and bring us each a flower.  Riprock, you say? we did too...and then after listening intently, we realized he was remembering seeing a headstone at mini golf when they played last week.  To him, it was just a large rock and written in bold print was R I P...hence, the riprock.. One of my very favorite kidisms to date!

Earlier in the day, he had noticed a lingering hair on my upper lip that had been overlooked by my favorite, never to be misplaced or uncharged, aging women's tool...the mustache and chin plucker. He touched it carefully, contemplated his next remark very carefully for an unfiltered child of six and claimed I very closely resembled a catfish!!!  WTH.... 

The honesty and ability to be forthwith with his thoughts is something that brings me great joy. He is now old enough to know that occasionally, he should keep his thoughts to himself but seldom has the ability to do so.........much like his Grandma!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment