Tuesday, March 15, 2022

The Waiting Game!

 Never has patience been my strong suit.  I have learned, with age, to understand, to some degree, that I can't change much.  (did I need all those commas?)  After nearly seven decades, I know to take long deep breaths, trust that all will be well, pray and know that I can handle whatever the outcome of my waiting brings.  I tried typing those words and now I will try to live them!

Jeff is in Rochester for another procedure. You'd think I would handle them better each time but......Lee drove him there and I stayed back to get the kids off to school and comfortably go about my morning routine.  For old people, that's dressing without tipping over, coffee, breakfast, bathroom and these days "wordle!" Being competitive on the toilet is sometimes a challenge.  If I ever get it in two tries, I'll be happy I'm on the thrown as I will definitely #%@* ! Now everyone who reads my Wordle daily achievement will know where it was accomplished! Oh well!

Back to the virtue of patience. This morning I am hearing every tick of the clock so a little 60's Beach Boys is in order. Being home alone is usually a peaceful perk that seldom happens these days.  Today it's much too quiet.  With my phone close by, I will hum a few tunes, chat with Alexa and pass the hours till a phone call comes. It's hard to do all that with your fingers crossed but I'm getting better. Arthritis helps as most of my fingers are already bent in criss- cross fashion. 

Wish me luck, Wish Jeff luck and keep those amazing Doctors in your prayers.... They control so much...including my waiting game!


No comments:

Post a Comment