Thursday, September 26, 2019

Today's the day!

I am NOT a whiner! I abhor drama!  I firmly dislike anyone who airs their private challenges on any social media and today I'm a hypocrite!
Yesterday was "National Daughter's Day" declared someone, somewhere!  Face Book was stormed by loving parental wishes and cozy, heart-warming photos.  I cringed with jealousy at each one. They say you can't choose your family. Wrong! I chose mine and got the highs and lows.  I am embarrassed to call her my daughter.  There, I've said it.  She is weak and has little regard for anything or anyone but her worthless, deadbeat boyfriend.  I've heard others talk about their children and their choices. I've wondered how anyone could feel that way about their child much less say it openly.  I get it!  Loud and clear.

My child, who's actually a 37-year-old adult, sold her home (the only home my granddaughter has ever known,) quit her job and left the state without a goodbye, without leaving any forwarding information, without leaving an insurance card for her child, signing a guardianship agreement with a provision that she "WOULD PAY NO SUPPORT  and never contacted her until she finally answered a message from her daughter weeks later.

Now,  a call from Mom and OD (short for overdose) has them filling her head with pictures of sandy beaches, ocean waves, warm temperatures and a life of peace and frivolity. SO...who wants to be with Mom, despite the baggage of a dirtball bf who has hauled you from sleep in the middle of the night to buy drugs, brought you along to buy pot, told tales of possibly murdering someone....twice and has declared 3 times ( in hearings) that he has a disability and he can't work.....no car, no license, no job (although brags of one now!..Wait, he told NY courts that he was disabled!!)

So, let's take a bright, almost teen from a positive, structured environment with people who love her and want only the best for her and take her to the "sunshine state" where...when the money stops flowing, will be exactly in the same situation they've always been in.........only 1300 miles away.  This rescue mission has been an unmitigated failure and is O-V-E-R!   I am old, tired and sad but someone wise once told me that you can't fix stupid. Wise indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment