Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Seriously, you look fine!

I just don't get the whole big deal about how you look!!!  I understand it's great to be clean and neat and have your hair combed and your teeth brushed. I understand the premise that if you look good you feel good and vice versa!  But I can tell you unequivocally, we DON'T need to see your photo in the bathroom mirror.....all the time.  That is purely a narcissistic obsession.   I also don't understand the need to erase your face and paint on a new one.  Obviously, I'm not a makeup aficionado,,shocker...but I, for the life of me, can't understand why girls erase the eyebrows and draw on new ones.  I had someone say sarcastically, to someone else not long ago, "Nice sneakers"...I wanted to turn and say, "Nice eyebrows!"  I can see highlighting them a tad if you're a blond and have light brows or possible snipping a few follicles if you have a uni brow....but a whole new color and shape is stupid and quite frankly a waste of time.  Do they really think that enhances their beauty???? My hairdresser often says, "Can I trim some of those long, gray hairs in your brows?"  I laugh and agree and am thankful they aren't growing out of my nose or chin.....I guess that's the difference in a 20-30 something regime and a 60-70 regime.  Honestly, I'm exhausted after washing my face and brushing my teeth.  If the lips get a hint of color, it's in the car and on the way to the funeral or wedding!

Vanity has always been something I kept my sink in and never, ever a virtue I was born with. What you see is what you get....Most likely it won't improve with age so take a look at your girlfriend's Mom and Grandma and see if you think you can handle sleeping with that down the road.  Think of all the extra time you could have enjoying life rather than changing what your mirror sees.  Seriously, you look fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment