Friday, February 9, 2018

I'm back!

Somehow.......I have managed to regain my google account!  Since someone used my computer a few months ago, I had been unable to sign in with my google password... After many times trying...I was just unable to delete that account and regain mine. Hallelujah!  It seemed I had lost my only avenue to vent, be mad, be silly and maybe even a bit profound at times.  I'm not a good loser!  I am, however; a good winner.....and I'm back in the game.

Catch up could be lengthy! It's been a long, often tedious, two months.  The holidays were great. Bailee was staying with us so we were able to have Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with her.  You're never too old to read "The Night Before Christmas," fill stockings and leave goodies for Santa and the reindeer.

Now, back to Bailee staying with us.  As parents, we hope that we will make the best decisions the majority of the time.  We often find those decisions might not be what we hoped for or what is "right for us!"  The day we chose parenthood, the right to choose for what we thought was our joy first, was sent to the back burner.  I do believe strongly the correlation to the airline instruction for oxygen.......use first for yourself so you are then able to sustain your children......but......in everyday decisions, those breaths become long term.  If a decision you are making is undermining your family, it's most likely the wrong decision.  I'm sure I've discussed the "Buzz List of Pros and Cons!"  You have a major decision to make, you list the good things about that possible move and the bad....then you work the list.  What cons can you live with, how will they affect everyone, can you change a con.  All puns intended! 

Bailee chose to be with us for several weeks as she was unhappy with circumstances at home.  Stability, role modeling and work ethic are all things learned by a child.  Formative years only roll around once in a lifetime.  Having an outspoken, intuitive, bright child is sometimes a piece that doesn't fit into your puzzle.  When that happens, as it did with our situation, that piece stays at Grandma's!

Making good choices is tough.....Often times situations seen through different eyes become blurred. What should never be fuzzy is what is best for those who are unable to make their own decisions.  What Grandmas can do is steer the course, teach the lessons, calm the seas and provide the anchor.
That bridge over trouble water can ALWAYS lead to Grandma's where the noise is white, jovial and crystal clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment