Friday, July 7, 2017

Happy Camper

Today I get to pick Bailee up from camp!!!  It's only been 5 days and 5 sleeps but it seems longer.  They have a website called Bunk1 that takes hundreds of pictures of all the campers every day... What a wonderful idea that is!  I can't wait till evening to pop on and see the smiles of these kiddos. I know I've extolled the virtues of Casowasco before but I can't say enough good things about this venue.  Whomever sets the activities, the schedules and the camp content does an exceptional job.  The kids are kept busy, well fed, very well exercised and totally cared for both physically and spiritually....which in Bailee's case, is needed and appreciated.. Our church time is next to nil.. Although I stand by one of my favorite sayings: Being in a church doesn't make you a christian anymore than being in a garage makes you a car!!  As we were going to camp last week, Bailee reminded me that they pray 5 times a day times 6 days! "You know that's 30 prayers Grandma!"   "Yes Bailee! I've prayed every night most all my life and I'm 65....do the math....I think you can handle 30!"  When she spends the night, she'll ask me to say mine out loud.... "Wow, that's a lot and you ask for things for a lot of people!"   "Yep, there are a lot of friends and family that need a little mention every night.....even the ones who have had their prayers answered can always use a reminder!"  Then I'll ask her who she'd like to "God Bless!"  Thankfully Mom and Grandma are at the top of the list...... she gets it!

So many things are learned in 5-1/2 short days.  Last year she talked a blue streak for days about all the activities and positive reinforcement she received at camp.  "They even cared about me so much they would only let me have PB&J one meal a day....... It's the little things!  She and her Mom will be going to a 3 day Mom/Daughter camp next month.... This will be a much needed time away from home together. I hope at the end of that stay..... we'll have 2 Happy Campers!





No comments:

Post a Comment